Get your rebate quickly
energySMART strives to pay all rebates as quickly as possible. Follow these steps to submit your application and receive your rebate check:
1. Complete the application
- Complete all fields in the application. Provide accurate contact and installation information.
- Sign the rebate application. Incomplete applications result in delayed rebate payment.
2. Attach the contractor invoice and make sure it includes the following:
- Contractor name and contact information
- Installation date
- Product manufacturer and model number
- Total cost of installation
- Proof of payment or payment terms (e.g., balance due of zero, financing terms or paid-in-full stamp)
- For self-installed thermostats: Please include a retail receipt showing the product manufacturer, model number, total cost and purchase date.
- For Contractor Circle installing members providing the rebate as an instant discount: Include a customer-signed invoice showing the rebate amount deducted from the purchase price, clearly labeled as an energySMART or Nicor Gas rebate. Other discounts or rebates unrelated to energySMART should be shown as a separate line item.
3. Get your check
Please allow six to eight weeks from the time you submit your rebate application to the time you receive your rebate check.