Energy Efficiency Loans for homeowners
Financing is available to eligible Nicor Gas customers to cover the cost of energy efficiency equipment and improvements in their homes. Installments on the loan are conveniently applied to your monthly Nicor Gas bills.
General rates and terms
- 5.99% fixed interest rate
- 1, 3, 5, 7* or 10*-year loan terms
- Loans range from $500 to $20,000
- 100% financing available — covers equipment costs, installation and related services
- No home equity required — new homeowners are eligible
- No fees to consumer or contractor
- Installments will be applied to the customer's monthly Nicor Gas bill
- Work must be completed by an approved contractor
*Note: 7 and 10-year loan terms available for loans more than $8,000.Apply now
Nicor Gas customers:
- Own a single-family home, condo or multi-family building with no more than four units
- Are installing a qualifying improvement in that property (see below for qualifying improvements)
- Meet lender’s credit requirements
Qualifying equipment and improvements
Equipment or improvements eligible for rebates or incentives through the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program with a total installed cost of more than $500 are eligible.
Only contractors enrolled with EFS — the program lender — may perform the work. Self-installations are not eligible. Use our find a contractor tool to find an approved contractor.
Click here for information about financing options offered by other institutions.
Convenient financing facts
Get more details about the loan application process and estimated payments based on project costs.Download the fact sheet
Frequently asked questions
See answers to common questions regarding Energy Efficiency Loans and how to get started.Review FAQ