Contractor Circle terms and conditions
Company must adhere to all of the following requirements to maintain enrollment status:
- Company must be a contractor installing energySMART rebate eligible products or services and follow all energySMART requirements as outlined in the terms and conditions for both the business and home rebate offerings. Failure to comply with energySMART these terms and conditions and all other rules and requirements will result in removal from Contractor Circle membership and may disqualify company from future participation in energySMART.
- Submit at least five paid rebate applications as an installing contractor per program year (June 1 – May 31, annually). Only one paid custom project application is needed due to their complexity and significant therm contributions. A combination of prescriptive and custom applications is acceptable.
- If the company is applying to become a Contractor Circle member for the first time the company must participate in energySMART training upon entering into Contractor Circle membership (at least one company representative must attend the initial training).
The company must:
- Represent energySMART accurately and fairly.
- Provide customers with complete and correct information on energySMART offerings prior to soliciting customer participation in energySMART or providing an instant discount.
- Represent company accurately in relation to energySMART as a member of Contractor Circle, and not as a contractor, subcontractor, affiliate of, or as endorsed by Nicor Gas or energySMART.
- Educate all company staff on the requirements prior to soliciting customer participation in energySMART or providing an instant discount.
- Maintain customer information, including but not limited to Nicor Gas account information, securely and in strict confidence and utilize this information for the sole purpose of facilitating the customer’s participation in energySMART.
- Maintain good customer service ratings. Any customer service issue brought to the attention of energySMART may disqualify participating companies from future participation.
- Comply with requests from energySMART to audit or inspect company’s work.
- Submit an updated Contractor Circle member enrollment form for the following year (June 1 – May 31, annually) if any company information included on the enrollment form on file is no longer valid. Company enrollment will transfer to the subsequent years if company is in good standing with energySMART.
- Company must complete an enrollment form to be considered eligible to become a Contractor Circle member. The program administrator of energySMART will review all enrollment forms and determine eligibility on an individual basis. Company will be contacted for additional information if required.
- If the company is applying to become a Contractor Circle member for the first time, company is required to attend energySMART training (either in person or via teleconference) as part of the application process. Company must complete training prior to being accepted as a Contractor Circle member.
- By enrolling as a Contractor Circle member, company agrees to meet all of Contractor Circle member requirements and agrees to Contractor Circle member terms and conditions.
- Company’s enrollment into Contractor Circle allows the company to offer instant discounts for the duration of company’s enrollment. All instant discount applications are subject to inspection and verification. energySMART reserves the right to contact any Nicor Gas customer regarding any instant discount application.
- If company fails to meet any of the requirements, company may be removed from Contractor Circle. Any company removed as a member of Contractor Circle will be required to reapply by submitting a new enrollment form and attending energySMART training. energySMART reserves the right to deny reenrollment to any company removed from Contractor Circle for any reason.
- A company can be removed from Contractor Circle for any reason.
Contractor Circle member terms and conditions
- Company shall offer and provide products and services to Nicor Gas’ customers in accordance with the terms and conditions of energySMART, a Nicor Gas Program (“energySMART”) and Contractor Circle membership as set forth below and as may be changed by Nicor Gas from time to time.
- Company is not a contractor, subcontractor or agent of Nicor Gas. Nicor Gas shall have no liability for claims of any kind, whether based on contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability), or otherwise, for any loss or damage sustained or incurred by any third party relating to this Contractor Circle member, the company’s application or the performance of services or participation by company in energySMART. Company hereby releases Nicor Gas from all liability for such claims. Company shall, to the fullest extent permitted by law, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Nicor Gas, its parent and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, agents, employees and representatives from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) and liabilities arising out of or based upon property damage or bodily injury to any person caused by company or related to the performance of the services or participation by company in energySMART.
- Except as otherwise permitted herein, company shall not refer to Nicor Gas or any company affiliated with Nicor Gas in any advertising or other publication in connection with company’s participation in energySMART or work performed by company under energySMART without the prior written approval of Nicor Gas. Except as otherwise permitted herein, company shall not, either directly or indirectly, publish or disclose any photographs, images, logos, copyrighted or trademark protected information of Nicor Gas, its parent or affiliates; or use such information for the benefit of itself or any other person or entity without the prior written consent of Nicor Gas.
- Company acknowledges and agrees that Company’s participation in energySMART is in Nicor Gas’ sole discretion. Reasons for membership denial or removal from being a Contractor Circle member may include, but are not limited to, the level of a company’s previous participation in energySMART, customer or other complaints directed toward Company and standing with the Better Business Bureau.
- Enrolled companies shall offer and provide services to Nicor Gas customers in accordance with all these terms and conditions and any other rules or regulations implementing energySMART business and home rebate offerings.
- energySMART will provide company information to energySMART participants and the public for informational purposes only. Company participation in energySMART or energySMART’s list of Contractor Circle members is not an endorsement or guarantee of the company or the company’s services.
- Funds are limited and applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. energySMART is subject to change and may end without prior notice.
- Company’s participation in the instant discount offering and provision of a rebate to a customer is at the sole discretion and risk of the company. The provision of a rebate to a customer as an instant discount does not guarantee payment of a rebate from energySMART.
- Company may be required to participate in a survey conducted by a third-party evaluator regarding the company’s experience with energySMART.
Company’s eligibility as a Contractor Circle member begins upon approval of this application and ends May 31, 2017. Company may be required to re-enroll at this time. Qualifying products must be purchased and installed after June 1, 2015. Applications must be submitted within 90 days of installation, or by June 30, 2016, whichever comes first. Offers are limited and subject to change. For complete details, including energySMART offering period, eligibility, and requirements, visit the energySMART website: nicorgasrebates.com