energySMART’s emerging technology initiative seeks to select and assess promising new technologies that have the potential to generate natural gas savings for Nicor Gas customers. This service seeks to introduce new energy-efficient technologies and practices to the market.
How it works
energySMART searches for new products and practices that are commercially available to help bring them widespread adoption. These technologies go through pilot assessments to provide information on true performance, operational energy savings and would-be installation costs of future energySMART offerings. After conducting pilot assessments, the technologies are evaluated to determine if they should be added to the portfolio of energySMART offerings.
Participation in an emerging technology pilot is the first step in determining if your product or practice should be eligible for an energySMART rebate. If selected for a pilot assessment, energySMART will provide:
- Assessment-related technical consulting, design and engineering assistance.
- Customer incentives for equipment and installation, depending on project specifics.
- Monitoring and data collection to help demonstrate savings.
- Project summary of results when the pilot assessment is complete.
Pitch an idea
Pitch an idea to us if you have a technology that you would like to pilot that meets the following participant and technology criteria:
- A manufacturer or vendor of a new product or practice that has the potential to realize natural gas savings for Nicor Gas customers.
- Prototype units are not eligible. Applicants should be prepared to provide functioning units for pilot assessments (subsidies for equipment or installation costs may be available).
- Product or practice should have applications for residential, commercial or industrial spaces.
- Pilot assessments must be conducted at Nicor Gas customer sites.
- Proposed products and practices must comply with all local, state and federal regulations.
Submit applications for innovative improvements and bring your energy-efficient concepts to life.
If you are an engineer, entrepreneur, business owner or manufacturer with an energy efficiency technology, we would like to speak with you.Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HE heating RTUs
Review the high-efficiency heating roof-top units public project report.Download the report
Review the destratification fans public project report.Download the report
Non-modulating dryer retrofit
Review the non-modulating dryer retrofit public project report.Download the report
Pulsing gas submeter
Review the pulsing gas submeter public project report.Download the report
Commercial food service modulating valve
Review the commercial food service modulating valve retrofit public project report.Download the report
Air deflectors for unit ventilators
Review the interim air deflector for unit ventilator public project report.Download the report
Demand-based hot water recirculation
Review the demand-based domestic hot water recirculation public project report.Download the report
Combined domestic hot water and space heating systems
Review the combined domestic hot water and space heating public project report.Download the report
Home energy management system
Review the home energy management system public project report.Download the report
Dynamic air balancing
Review the dynamic air balancing public project report.Download the report
Chemical additive for boilers
Review the boiler chemical additive public project report.Download the report
Review the ozone laundry public project report.Download the report
Review the air curtains public project report.Download the report
Real-time steam trap monitoring
Review the real-time steam trap monitoring public project report.Download the report
Small commercial building EMIS
Review the small commercial buildings energy management and information system public project report.Download the report
Dryer moisture sensor retrofit
Review the dryer moisture sensor retrofit public project report.Download the report