Ready to start saving on your home energy use?
Sign up for a complete Home Energy Savings assessment today for $99
The Home Energy Savings program sponsored by Nicor Gas and ComEd makes it easy for you to improve the energy efficiency and comfort of your home. We provide comprehensive home energy assessments to identify promising energy-efficiency upgrades, and then offer instant rebates and prequalified contractors to help you complete the recommendations.
If you like, we’ll even install simple energy-saving products during the assessment. Currently assessments are $99 and offer services that could cost as much as $500* elsewhere.
- Free installation of up to 10 CFLs, high efficiency faucet aerators and showerheads, hot water and cold water pipe wrap.
- Installation of a programmable thermostat, if desired, at a discounted price of $22.62.
- A customized Home Energy Savings report detailing ways to save up to 20%† on your energy usage.
- Instant rebates of 50% off, up to $1,250, when you complete recommended energy-efficiency improvements such as insulation and air sealing.
How it works:
Have more questions? Here are the answers...
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Assessment Process
- Sample Assessment Report
- After the Assessment
- Energy Efficient Home Tips
- Air Sealing
- Programmable Thermostats
- ComEd Smart Ideas®
Certain program restrictions apply. Only one Home Energy Savings assessment per residential account. You must be a customer of both Nicor Gas and ComEd in order to participate. Program details are subject to change or cancellation due to funding limits. Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program is funded by Nicor Gas customers in compliance with the Illinois Public Utilities Act (220 ILCS 5/8-104). ComEd’s Smart Ideas® is funded by ComEd customers in compliance with Illinois Public Act 95-0481. †Source: www.energystar.gov. *Average cost for comparable home energy assessment, including cost of installed products.