Rebates for air sealing and attic insulation
Nicor Gas and ComEd are now offering instant rebates up to $1,200 for air sealing and attic insulation through the Home Energy Savings Program.
What can you get?
* Based on qualifying energy-savings measures. Contact a Participating Contractor for your personalized out-of-pocket estimate.
Who is eligible?
Nicor Gas and ComEd customer who own a single family home, or multi-family two to four unit building are eligible to participate. Nicor Gas customers without ComEd service are also eligible. Some ComEd "all electric" customers are also eligible. Call to verify your eligibility.
How does it work?
Participating Contractors are able to offer instant rebates for air sealing and attic insulation. These contractors are certified by the Building Performance Institute, a nationally recognized authority on building performance and weatherization.
Participating Contractors will identify areas in your home where attic insulation and air sealing improvements may help you save money and make your home more comfortable. If you are a ComEd customer, the contractor will also install up to 10 Compact Florescent Lamps (CFLs) at no additional charge—saving you money right away! Once the work is done, the Participating Contractor will deduct the instate rebate from your final balance.
What are the benefits?
By sealing air leaks and adding attic insulation you can:
- Reduce energy waste (up to 20 percent†)
- Reduce heating and cooling costs
- Create a barrier against pollutants and moisture
- Reduce noise and increase comfort
How to participate:
- Contact one of the Participating Contractors and schedule an appointment
- Receive an estimate for qualified attic insulation and air sealing and schedule the work.
- Your Participating Contractor will complete the work and apply the instant rebates up to $1,200.
Air Sealing and Attic Insulation Rebate Information
- Air Sealing and Attic Insulation Rebate Flyer
Other Useful Information
- What is Air Sealing
- Energy Efficient Home Tips
- Programmable Thermostats
- Earn an Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Certificate of Completion by upgrading your home
Want to start with an assessment? Click here to learn more.
Certain program restrictions apply. Only one Home Energy Savings assessment per residential account. You must be a customer of Nicor Gas or ComEd in Nicor Gas territory in order to participate. Program details are subject to change or cancellation due to funding limits. Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program is funded by Nicor Gas customers in compliance with the Illinois Public Utilities Act (220 ILCS 5/8-104). This program is funded by ComEd customers in compliance with Illinois law. †EnergyStar.gov.