Improve the efficiency of your commercial kitchen, hotel, motel or restaurant with cash rebates from the Business Energy Efficiency Rebate Program.
Cash rebates are available to current Nicor Gas customers* on all business rate classes for the purchase and installation of high efficiency equipment, products and services. Use the menu to the right to learn more about the suggested rebates listed below!
Suggested Rebates for Food Service and Hospitality:
Commercial Kitchen Equipment:
Water Heating Equipment:
Space Heating Equipment:
Space Heating Equipment Improvements:
View all of the rebates available to eligible business customers.
Incentives are also available for custom gas-saving projects through the Business Custom Incentive Program
* Public (taxpayer-funded) entities and self-directed customers are not eligible for the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program. Click here for more information.
- Participant Case Study - Chicago Oak Brook Hills Marriott Resort - Double Burner Convection Oven, Business Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
- Participant Case Study - Buona Beef - Pre-Rinse Spray Valves, Business Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
- Hospitality and Food Service Fact Sheet - Learn about the opportunities available to food service and hospitality facilities, and the benefits of upgrading to high efficiency equipment.
- Fast Facts: Pre-Rinse Spray Valve - Find out how upgrading can save you on energy, water and sewer costs
- Visit the Qualifying Products Page to verify the product you've selected qualifies for a rebate.
- Full Commercial Kitchen Equipment Qualifying Products List - Download the full list to sort and search by brand.
Why Upgrade to High Efficiency?
Improving the efficiency of commercial kitchen and building systems reduces the amount of energy required to operate your business. Saving energy saves you money, increasing your profitability.
New! How Much Can You Save With High Efficiency?
Visit the Food Service Technology Center website for Life-Cycle and Energy Cost Calculators to estimate the energy cost savings you could achieve by upgrading to high efficiency commercial kitchen equipment in comparison to standard efficiency equipment.
New! Tools, Resources and Presentations for Food Service and Hospitality
Download these resources from recent Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program training sessions:
- Optimizing System Performance - using Tips, Tricks & Technologies - Don Fisher, Fisher Nickel, Inc.
- Boosting Restaurant Profits with Energy Efficiency - Don Fisher, Fisher Nickel, Inc.
How to Participate
- Using the links in the menu to the left, review all of the Program requirements and resources.
- Verify eligibility using the Program rules and requirements, listed on the Program Overview page.
- Select and install a qualifying product that meets all of the rebate-specific requirements, listed on the Rebate Information pages. Install the product according to all installation requirements.
- Apply for your rebate, ensuring you complete the rebate application in full with all of the correct information and submit an Itemized Contractor Invoice with all of the required information.
- Receive your rebate check in approximately 3 weeks!