Improve the efficiency of your private healthcare facility or other private institution with cash rebates from the Business Energy Efficiency Rebate Program.
Cash rebates are available to current Nicor Gas customers* on all business rate classes for the purchase and installation of high efficiency equipment, products and services. Use the menu to the right to learn more about the suggested rebates listed below!
Suggested Rebates for Healthcare Facilities:
Space Heating Equipment:
Equipment Improvements and Additions:
Commercial Kitchen Equipment:
View all of the rebates available to eligible business customers.
Incentives are also available for custom gas-saving projects through the Business Custom Incentive Program.
* Public (taxpayer-funded) entities and self-directed customers are not eligible for the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program. Click here for more information.
- New! Steam Trap Fact Sheet - Learn about the importance of regularly testing and replacing steam traps, and find out more about our bonus rebates
- New! Invoice Checklist - Use this checklist to be sure your invoice is complete and accurate
- Private Healthcare and Other Institutions Fact Sheet - Learn about the opportunities available for saving money and energy, and the benefits of upgrading to high efficiency equipment
- Participant Case Study -Northwest Community Hospital - Boiler Burner Replacements, Business Custom Incentive Program
- Natural Gas-Saving Solutions for the Healthcare Industry
- Fast Facts: Pipe Insulation - Find out how proper insulation will save you energy and money
Why Upgrade to High Efficiency?
Improving the efficiency of building systems and commercial kitchen in your institution reduces the amount of energy required to operate your facilities. Saving energy saves you money, allowing you and your staff to focus on patients.
How to Participate
- Using the links in the menu to the left, review all of the Program requirements and resources.
- Verify eligibility using the Program rules and requirements, listed on the Program Overview page.
- Select and install a qualifying product that meets all of the rebate-specific requirements, listed on the Rebate Information pages. Install the product according to all installation requirements.
- Apply for your rebate, ensuring you complete the rebate application in full with all of the correct information and submit an Itemized Contractor Invoice with all of the required information.
- Receive your rebate check in approximately 3 weeks!