Private schools, colleges and universities can save energy and receive cash rebates from the Business Energy Efficiency Rebate Program for upgrading to high efficiency.
Cash rebates are available to current Nicor Gas customers* on all business rate classes for the purchase and installation of high efficiency equipment, products and services. Use the menu to the right to learn more about the suggested rebates listed below!
Suggested Rebates for Educational Facilities:
Space Heating Equipment:
Commercial Kitchen Equipment:
View all of the rebates available to eligible business customers.
Incentives are also available for custom gas-saving projects through the Business Custom Incentive Program.
* Public (taxpayer-funded) entities and self-directed customers are not eligible for the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program. Click here for more information.
- New! Steam Trap Fact Sheet - Learn about the importance of regularly testing and replacing your steam traps, and find out more about our bonus rebates
- Private Education Fact Sheet
- Fast Facts: Pipe Insulation - Find out how proper insulation will save you energy and money.
- Fast Facts: Pre-Rinse Spray Valve - Find out how upgrading can save you on energy, water and sewer costs
Why Upgrade to High Efficiency?
Improving the efficiency of the heating systems and commercial kitchens reduces the amount of energy required to operate schools, colleges and universities. Saving energy saves you money, allowing your administration to focus on education.
How to Participate
- Using the links in the menu to the left, review all of the Program requirements and resources.
- Verify eligibility using the Program rules and requirements, listed on the Program Overview page.
- Select and install a qualifying product that meets all of the rebate-specific requirements, listed on the Rebate Information pages. Install the product according to all installation requirements.
- Apply for your rebate, ensuring you complete the rebate application in full with all of the correct information and submit an Itemized Contractor Invoice with all of the required information.
- Receive your rebate check in approximately 3 weeks!