Condensing Unit Heater Rebates
Cash rebates are available to eligible Nicor Gas business customers for condensing unit heaters meeting the following requirements.
> 90% Thermal Efficiency and < 300 MBH input capacity
$2.50 per MBH
Important Eligibility Requirements
- Condensing unit heaters must have a Thermal Efficiency > 90% and input capacity < 300 MBH.
- Heater must be vented, and condensate drained per manufacturer specifications.
- Unit heaters must be replacing an existing, non-condensing unit heater, one for one.
- Rebate paid per MBH and will not exceed the cost of the equipment.
Installations must meet all equipment-specific, energy efficiency and Program requirements outlined below.
All equipment and products must be:
- Installed in a non-residential space.
- Purchased new. Resale equipment, new parts installed in existing equipment, or equipment that is leased, rebuilt, rented, received from insurance claims or won as a prize do not qualify.
- Installed conforming to all applicable building, local and state codes, and manufacturer specifications. Equipment must be installed by a professional contractor.
- Installed and operational prior to submittal of this application at the address listed on the application.
- Installed in a property owned by the applicant, or the applicant must receive permission from the property owner to install the equipment. If you do not own the property where the equipment or product is being installed, as a tenant you are responsible for obtaining the property owner’s permission to install the equipment or product for which you are applying for a rebate. Your submission of a rebate application indicates that you have obtained this permission.
- Purchased and installed during the Program offering period: June 1, 2011 - May 31, 2014